When to Drop Your Idea
OCTOBER 27, 2016
Arlen Meyers, MD, MBA
Here are some things that might be telling you it's time to move on:
1. You realize you don't trust your co-founders, discover they are unethical or your values are no longer aligned
2. Despite repeated pivots, the dog simply won't eat the food.
3. That little voice in your head is no longer urging you on
4. You acknowledge you don't know what you don't know and it's time to learn what you don't know
5. Your health is suffering
6. You no longer make it personal and, instead, start taking it personally
7. You still have not learned how to play nice with others, and it is unlikely you ever will
8. You are an entrepreneurial psychopath
9. You realize you don't have an entrepreneurial mindset
10. You don't take personal responsibility for your mistakes and, consequently, learn nothing from them
When it's time, drop your idea, just move on. The truth will set you free. Let go of the banana.