Online Options for Charitable Shopping
SEPTEMBER 16, 2008
If you don't have the time to research charitable organizations but you have the desire to give, the following Web sites have made it easy to contribute to your favorite causes by combining shopping with giving:
- Justgive.org is a nonprofit organization that lists more than 1 million charities in 19 categories. Donors can search the database for charities that appeal to them, purchase charity gift certificates for loved ones, or create charitable wedding registries.
- Igive.com gives a portion of purchases made at a variety of retail stores to your favorite charity.
- Ebay customers can buy items to support a seller's cause at givingworks. ebay.com.
- A portion of purchases at presents forpurpose.com is given to one of 11 charitable causes.
- You can give 10 cents of every purchase with your Visa card to groups that are dedicated to peace, human rights, education, and the environment by visiting workingassets.com.