There are many reasons to build a crowd. Crowd funding must have a crowd. Innovation takes a crowd. New product development and post market surveillance takes a crowd. Building a non-profit takes a crowd. Intrapreneurship takes a crowd. But, how do you do it?
We have created a global, non-profit open biomedical and clinical innovation and entrepreneurship network, the Society of Physician Entrepreneurs,
using these tools:
1. Website: www.sopenet.org
2. Social media: Twitter@SoPEOfficial, Linkedin group and Facebook
3. Content marketing blog posts
5. Meetings, seminars and conferences
6. Open innovation network platforms
7. Public and media relations
8. Partnerships and alliances with other organizations that have an overlapping mission
10. Connecting to other interface innovation ecosystems, like digital health, angel networks
, tech, media, aerospace, communications, and cable.
Building a crowd requires leadership, executing a strategic communications
and engagement plan and platforms that are repetitive, relational, and redundant. Posting something on Instagram, Facebook, or a blog every now and then won't get you there.